Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sushi for Two

I braved the cold and wintery weather for two reasons: sushi and the ever fabulous Meredith.


We hit my absolute favorite sushi restaurant in the city. Don't get me wrong I love the fancy places, but this little place up in the hood (Washington Heights) is one of the best kept secrets in the city.

Sushi Yu II is on 181st, west of Ft. Washington, and yes there was still snow on the ground.




It's small and quaint, but man, the sushi is good.



Side note, I still haven't figured out if there's a Sushi Yu I or where it might be.

Meredith and I started with the spicy kani salad and vegetable tempura.


Then there was sashimi.


And my personal favorite, the ivory roll.


Yes, that's banana along the outside and it is amazing. It's a special and not on the real menu, but it is divine.


Meredith and I caught up and traded stories. We were even so interesting that a guy at the table next to us jumped in to share his own story about cold radishes (an unappetizing appetizer apparently!). 


1 comments:

Farrah Penn said...

Sushi is totally worth trekking in the snow for. I could quite possibly eat it every day!

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger