Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On My To Be Read Shelf

Earlier this week, I was talking To Be Read piles with several people on twitter, and Ali Trotta did an awesome post with a picture of her own To Be Read pile. So I decided to take a picture of my pile and post it here.

The catch is, mine's not actually a pile. The pile got so out of control that about six months ago when a friend of mine was moving and getting rid of two bookshelves, I snatched them and converted them into To Be Read bookshelves.

Now, I know this"pile" makes it look a bit like I haven't actually read anything and that I'm just collecting books, but I've read 18 books so far in 2012.


So here it is, my To Be Read Shelf:


The worst part about these two bookshelves is that there are several hidden rows of mass market books that are behind other books, and they're easy to forget about. Once I even forgot I owned a book and bought it again. The other sad thing, is that even if I quit real life for a year and did nothing but read these books, I would have to read more than two a day without buying new ones in order to read all these books.

Of course, the great thing is, I LOVE BOOKS and I really do plan to read all these--I just will never be bored.

10 comments:

Ali Trotta said...

Oh my god -- I LOVE IT. That is a wonderful To Be Read Shelf -- and I absolutely love that you did this.

I'm going to check out the 18 books you've read, so far.

Btw, since yesterday -- I got a copy of Holly Black's BLACK HEART. I can't stop. ;-)

Kristina said...

I freaking love it! If I were to divide my shelves to have read and to be read, they would probably look a lot like this.

(Yay, I can now leave a comment :) )

elizabeth norris said...

Ali, I have to get a copy of the next two Curseworker books. I loved White Cat. Definitely check out BORN WICKED. I loved that book, it's one of my favorites of this year so far!

Kristina, yay! Glad you can comment now :)

Ghenet Myrthil said...

That's awesome! It's like your own personal bookstore. I would love to have shelves of books like this someday. When I have room. :)

Ali Trotta said...

Liz, I'm currently reading Red Glove, and it's wonderful. I will definitely check out BORN WICKED. Thanks for suggesting it!!

Bonnee Crawford said...

I have read two books this year and am starting a third, though it's actually a screenplay... I WISH I had read 18 books this year! Though, I will say that the first one was Emma by Jane Austen, and that is about the equivalent to 100 normal books any day...

I have a to be read shelf as well. I will put a photo on my blog at some time too.

Jenn Rush said...

Is that SAVVY and SCUMBLE I see??! I adored SAVVY. It's one of my favorite books. And I'm saving SCUMBLE for a rainy day.

Your TBR pile puts mine to shame, dude.

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

DONATE!!!! SO many people could use them!

elizabeth norris said...

I'm sure I'll donate some of these books. I donate some every year after I read them. But that's the thing, I really want to read them first. It may take me a long time, but I will.

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

I know the feeling, I have actually set myself a challenge to read all my TBR books this year, so far I have managed 2 or 3, so failing miserably on it.
Part of my list can be found here with about 7 added onto it that I can remember. Photo of my physical books TBR can be found here

It's going to be a big climb to reach the top of the pile.

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger