Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Inspiration for Unraveling

I've mentioned this before, but the Unraveling was conceived primarily because I was in love and trying to make that work long distance. I started think about people who fall in love despite that fact that they're from different worlds, and with a little inspiration from things I love the story and the characters that are now Unraveling developed.

So, those inspirations are:

 how I felt

the original star crossed lovers
 
San Diego, one of the most beautiful cities I've ever lived
 
 poetry by Robert Frost

an awesome sci-fi show I loved as a teenager
 
 "Much Madness is Divinest Sense" by Emily Dickinson

two people I don't know but are the perfect Janelle and Ben

one of my favorite shows on television

I don't know who wrote this, but it's perfect

"Remember" by Christina Rossetti

Because all the good love stories need an epic end.

So those are my inspirations for the book that comes out in exactly one week! Tomorrow make sure you stop by Magic Urban Fantasy Reads to check out my interview and enter to win a signed copy of Unraveling.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

:) these are great inspirations. I always adored Robert Frost poems. I feel "the road not taken" is a poem I will always remember and I strive to follow its message in my daily life.

Kimberly said...

This book sounds so freaking awesome and I cannot wait to get it!

Love your inspirations too. It'll be fun thinking about them when I read your book. :)

Adriana C said...

Great inspirations, I was obsessed with Roswell, I love scifi.
Congrats on your book!

Kristina said...

I just finally watching all of Roswell a few months ago, I really do love it.

Bonnee Crawford said...

Inspiration is a beautiful thing. It is... inspirational, if you'll pardon the repetitiveness, but it does seem to have that sort of effect on me. Thank you for sharing :)

Bookluvr Mindy said...

AWESOME post to start off the tour! I love that you had pics to go along with it! :D

Jena said...

Gosh i love these pictures <3 and this post <3

Ali Trotta said...

This post made me so happy -- because I'm a) excited for your novel and b) I love almost everything you mentioned here. I was so, so in love with Roswell. It was such a good show. :-)

Fantastic, fun post. :-)

Anubha said...

Awesome post to start the tour... Loved these pics... That poem by Robert frost is beautiful... :)

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger