Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top Five of 2011

My top five favorite things of this year:

5. 21 by Adele

Adele is brilliant. She has such a powerful voice, and the music and lyrics are perfect.

This the first album I've bought in a while where I enjoyed every single song. I've played this over and over again and still I love all of the songs.

Of course my favorites are "Rolling in the Deep" and "Set Fire to the Rain" but none of the songs feel like they'll ever get old.


4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II


I was skeptical about splitting book seven into two movies, but the way it was handled here was perfect for me. Though I liked Part I a little better (it was more true to the book), I loved everything about this movie.

Between the books and movies being over (something that's been a part of my life for like the last 15 years!), I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.





3. Where She Went by Gayle Forman

So this is also my number one favorite cover of the year. There's just something about the model that's so entrancing. This was definitely one I was excited to buy and keep on my shelf.

And then I read it.

So. Amazing.

It takes so much to write an impressive follow up (I loved If I Stay), and even more to write one that has alternating past and present chapters that are both equally engaging. I read this in one sitting. And I WEPT.

2. All Things Game of Thrones


I fell in love with the TV show and then all five books. I've become a complete George R. R. Martin fangirl.  That he can create such complex and relatable characters, and a world with so much history, is simply amazing. And the show! It's perfect. Definitely the best thing on TV.


1. Chime by Franny Billingsley

This was definitely my favorite book of the year. It was dark and complex and I was on the edge of my seat for the whole read. Briony is the kind of character I want to know and be friends with.

The voice, the writing, the descriptions, the story! Everything was so amazing that I was depressed for a few days after I finished it because I couldn't spend more time in that world!


0 comments:

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger